This creamy slaw packs a whole lot of crunch along with a healthy dose of antioxidants. We tossed the cabbage and spinach with a creamy avocado oil mayo based dressing that will leave you feeling satisfied and refreshed. Enjoy as dinner or serve as a side dish. Everyone will be pleasantly surprised by the mixture of nutty, fruity and spicy flavors.
Napa Cabbage and Black Grape - Spinach Slaw
- 6 tbsp Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ tsp honey
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 large head Napa cabbage cored and thinly shredded
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves thinly shredded
- 2 cups seedless black grapes halved or whole
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- ½ cup whole Marcona almonds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
Small Batch Pickled Mustard Seeds: (optional)
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
To make the pickled mustard seeds (to top the slaw), heat the vinegar, water, honey, and salt in a small saucepot until boiling. Combine the mustard seeds and the hot brine in a small bowl and allow the seeds to soak at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Once soaked, drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, whisk together the mayo, mustard, lime juice, honey and season with salt and a generous amount of black pepper. Taste to adjust for seasonings and set aside.
To serve, combine the shredded cabbage, spinach, black grapes, and green onions in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle in the almonds, sesame seeds, and top with the pickled mustard seeds. Best served right away or enjoyed chilled within one day.